Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Education aka Brainwashing

I wrote this piece last year in Feb 5. I have loads of notes on my facebook and there people have started encouraging me to blog. I thought you all would like to take look at it and judge as you please ;)

......................................

What's education? Is it the standards we should all follow? Should we all be educated? Or is it just to fit in our society? What's education? Why some people leave or drop out of school? Are they all dumb? Why did Bill Gates drop out? Have you ever wondered why we should go to school? I sometimes think i shouldn't go there. The school is in reality a place where we get BRAINWASHED. Our government or our kings/queens are scared of loosing their control over us, therefore they make this schooling system where we all have to get through. And we all follow it, and we even send our own kids to get brainwashed the same.

What do we become when we graduate? We will know what's fiscal policy, the political organizations, the definitions or many other professional words; but in reality, our diploma just represents or says "this lady/guy has been brainwashed VERY GOOD", nothing more. We shouldn't be brainwashed like this, but instead, what we have to do is to keep yourself YOURSELF. You're unique, and you're one and only in your own way; you shouldn't loose that. I'm the person who learns thoroughly, but I refuse to believe every single words my teachers say. That's just his/her thought, and we don't have to follow his every single statement. It is YOU who have to make what is what, not somebody else telling you THIS IS THIS.

Our world is destroying our uniqueness. We call some people NORMAL, and others CRAZY. Why? Just because they have a different way of thinking or viewing things? Where did the freedom of thought or speech go? We don't have to be ROBOTS or be NORMAL. We don't have to get "educated", it is our choice, our thought, our views, and our life. Don't let any government or people brainwash you!

HAVE YOUR OWN THOUGHTS!

Peace,
Batzul

5 comments:

  1. TOO LAZY TO READ.. BUT FOR SURE EDUCATION IS BRAINWASHING :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a good book about how the secondary school architecture is similar to architecture of prisons. Simply, schools and prisons are the same in terms of their buildings. lol. However, I don't remember the name of book and the writer.

    There is a big argument that schooling system destroys the creativity of the students. You may check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

    I like your ideas but you should be careful about you word choices. kkk Are you talking about compulsory education or education in general? kkk Your example of diploma was irrelevant because students choose to go to university and government never force them to be educated in universities in democratic countries. kkk

    Bill Gates once said that education is a only way to get out of the poverty. kkkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its ok to be educated. But it's not ok to be completely brainwashed. I'm talking about education in general.

    Pls mind that I have written this year ago, and I believe I have become more careful with my words. But thanks for your thoughtful comment and have a happy new year everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am not really sure if i agree with you 100%. Education might be brainwashing, but you still need to have some sort of teaching as to know how the world revolves around you. Without some of it, you are nothing but a blind villian lost in a forest. Being wise doesnt necessarily mean well educated but it makes you a lot wiser. Its only your choice how to percieve and use the "education" you got. I believe your "teacher" doesnt really push his/her opinions or ideas to you, he/she is just guiding you. You should seperate those two. But then again, thats just me.

    ReplyDelete

I heart you. What do you think?